How To Choose
How to Choose - Quick Steps
How To Measure Your Garment Before Buying
How To Choose The Best Patch For Your Garment
What is the best Tatter Patch product for my needs?
- Blown-out or fraying thigh, butt or crotch seam – One of our Repair Patch Kits.
- Hole or tear in main front or back area of garment – The Original, Loose Thread, Patterned, Fashion or Limited Edition patches.
- Stretchy and tight – Loose Thread looks the best vs the original if the garment is stretchy and tight. The stretchy Fashion and stretchy Limited Edition options (when available).
- Creating your own distressed denim look – The Original, Loose Thread, Patterned, Fashion or Limited Edition patches.
- Garment hemming, bonding and fabric crafting projects – Tatter Adhesive.
The Original vs Loose Thread
Both The Original and Loose Thread Tatter Patch protect your garment from further damage from natural wear and tear. The sad but common foot or toe through your perfect or precious threads in your hole or tear. They also allow you to make your own, one-of-a-kind distressed denim look.
The Original Tatter Patch is a sturdy fabric patch that mimics the appearance of distressed thread, with a hint of skin peeking out.
- Can be cut to a smaller size(s).
- Has the appearance of the skin between threads from nude a translucent backing but does not allow your skin to come through.
The Loose Thread Tatter Patch is the same patch the original patch, with a few unique exceptions:
- Allows for you natural skin to peek out under the loose thread.
- Cannot be cut to size or shape.
- Middle of mesh backing is trimmed out once applied.